Re: compatibility of bsd and gpl

Markus Laire <malaire@gmail.com>
> I don't see there anything which says anything like BSD[2] clause 3:
> : Neither the name of the <ORGANIZATION> nor the names of its contributors
> : may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
> : without specific prior written permission.
>
> Is there a good reason why this isn't considered an additional restriction?

Personally, I think it's because it's a null clause everywhere.  Using
the names of legal persons to promote derived works requires permission.

Unlike some "supertrademark" (some CC licences) and anti-agency
(APSL? CDDL?) clauses, the modBSD one allows other uses of the
names and other permissions to exist.

--
MJR/slef