Re: conquer relicensing

Juan M. Mendez wrote:
> Being completely reworks for the game, could it be safe to relicense
> version 4, no matter what Adam did with version 5?

If version 4 and version 5 have competely different codebases
and were written by different people, then the author of
version 4 can do whatever he wants. The licensing of version 5
does not affect his copyright.

If the author of version 5 is the same as of version 4, and
he exclusively licensed/sold the copyright to another company,
then the license/sale may have had a term about the version 4
codebase. For example "Author will stop distribution of
the Old Version and revoke all licenses to the extent possible".
I don't know if that is the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself