Re: Want to make sure...

On 9/7/06, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com>
> On 9/6/06, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> >  3. The name of the authors may be used to endorse or promote products
> >     derived from this software without specific prior written
permission.

> Is that a copying error or just a really stupid license? I would
> insert the word 'not' inbetween 'may' and 'be'.

Maybe that's because you like to tick the box for no publicity?

Some people like to be credited with their work, but don't want to go
as far as the obnoxious ad clause.  The licence doesn't look stupid
to me, even if the clause may be an unnecessary expression of the
normal situation in most places.

Hmm, that does explain, but seriously I would be concerned as an
author! eg. Someone could take my work and add a splashscreen that
says "Andrew Donnellan is crap" and use it to make an illegal crack
downloading program or something like that. Then they could also claim
that I endorse it...

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com