Re: GNU GPL future

MJ Ray wrote:
> It's the comment system which is incapable, not the people.
> IMO there was no good reason to design some people out of it.

If it's possible to provide the same level of function with an interface
that works in more browsers, great - and I believe they did do that as
time went on, as it now works in Konqueror and IE. But the GPL v3
commenting interface is, in my view, an exceptional piece of UI design
and the best way I have ever seen of managing that number of comments on
a document in a single interface.

Given that free software browsers which work with it are available for
almost every current OS under the sun, to reduce the function to further
widen the browser choice would have been a bad tradeoff.

Gerv