Re: IBM CPL v1

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:

> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au>
> > I concur that it's not a fee[0].
> > [0] I do feel that an individual's private information is effectively
> > a valuable property that can be traded at the individual's discretion
> > in pieces for other things of value.
>
> How do you conclude that having to give valuable property to the
> licensor is not a fee?

I don't think "fee" should be defined so broadly as to include
"obligation to surrender something that could theoretically have a
monetary value to someone".

--
 \            Hercules Grytpype-Thynne: "Well, Neddie, I'm going to be |
  `\      frank."  Ned Seagoon: "Right, I'll be Tom."  Count Moriarty: |