Re: pygaim license terms not present in source

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006, Michael Spang wrote:
> I have created a package [0] for PyGaim. Their SourceForge project
> page says that PyGaim is distributed under the GPL. There is no
> mention of this, however, in the source release.

This is a bug; whether it would preclude distributing it in Debian is
a bit questionable, but they should definetly be following the
instructions given in the GPL for releasing a work under the GPL.

> I have asked them to include a COPYING or LICENSE file in their next
> release through their mailing list [2] and through two of the
> developer's emails, but they did not respond.

This is actually slightly more worrying than the copyright issues, as
you've got a non-responsive upstream; I'd be concerned more about that
and the possibility of having to support this package unless they get
back to you. [But you probably already knew that.]

Don Armstrong