Re: [OT] Re: Sun responds to questions on the DLJ

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> Le dimanche 21 mai 2006 à 21:16 -0500, Tom Marble a écrit :
>> sophistication in Debian technology.  My point here is that I have
>> developed the impression that Debian is more than technology...
>
> This is getting more and more true, and this is the point I find sad.

[...]
> The essence of Debian should be free software and technical excellence.
> I am afraid this is no more a priority for many of us.

I don't see the contradiction here.  For me, Debian is about free
software and technical excellence.  But it would be *really* boring to
do the work alone.  And it would also be much less interesting to do the
work in a company with traditional organization.  Therefore, the fact
that Debian is a social entity, too, with a particular culture,
contributes to my motivation to work for it.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)