Re: [OT] Re: Sun responds to questions on the DLJ

Le dimanche 21 mai 2006 à 21:16 -0500, Tom Marble a écrit :
> > I find it very sad that people can get this impression after coming to
> > Debconf.
>
> Realize that sometimes in e-mail it is difficult to convey subtlety or
> nuanced meaning.  Even though my experience with Debian is only three
> years old I have found there is a great deal of elegance and
> sophistication in Debian technology.  My point here is that I have
> developed the impression that Debian is more than technology...

This is getting more and more true, and this is the point I find sad.

> And I'm little surprised that you address me in the third person.

Well, there are many people on mailing lists who just disregard people
using the second person.

> You may recall that as I was struggling to convert a video with
> transcode you showed me how to do it easily with ffmpeg.  I
> appreciated your help with that technical question.  I would
> really appreciate your help with this more profound question
> of what is the essence of Debian?

The essence of Debian should be free software and technical excellence.
I am afraid this is no more a priority for many of us.