Re: [JPackage-discuss] Sun Java available from non-free

Hi David,

> Roughly, the way that I read the new license, you must distribute the
> Sun JDK ``alone'' (as per section (2c)). Moreover, you must not develop
> any applications with this JDK---you may only use it to build packages
> that will be shipped with your Operating System (as per section (2b)).

>From the DLJ FAQ:

4. What does the DLJ allow me to do?
   You can:
   *   Use the JDK on your OS to design, develop, test, and run Java programs
(...)
8. Does this license prevent me shipping any alternative technologies in my OS
distribution?
The DLJ does not restrict you from shipping any other technologies you
choose to include in your distribution."