licensing of debian/ files

When discussing a package with my sponsor, I thought about a licensing
issue that has never occurred to me before.  Debian packages are very
careful to mention the license(s) and copyright(s) of the files in the
upstream distribution, but where are the license conditions of files
that the packager has added?  The manual page (if added by the packager)
usually gives something license-like in the author section, but what
about the other stuff?

Panu

--
personal contact:	panu.kalliokoski@helsinki.fi, +35841 5323835