Re: changing upstream's MODULE_LICENSE string in module source

On 2/25/06, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> Next, the presence of the binary blobs, if they're actually needed,
> preclued this work from being compatible with the GPL.

Sez who?

The last I heard Moglen "freed" blobs. The Prof in GNU Law declared
them to be fully resistant to the General Public Virus even in his
totally perverse alternative reality where linking magically converts
"proprietary" object code into GPL'd source code.

> If we assume
> that the combination of this work with a GPL forms a derived work

A combination is a compilation, not a derivative work. So full stop.

regards,
alexander.