A tool for checking licenses

Hi,

I hope that this might be something useful for the people here. We (as in HUT/SoberIT/COSS)are currently developing a tool for checking the license information inside FOSS-packages. The idea is to make it simple to get a quick understanding what kind licenses are used. In addition, the tool will (hopefully) understand the relations between different files and warn about possible license incompatibilies. The tool is currenlty available from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/oslc

Any feedback would be warmly appreciated. It's GPL'ed so feel free to hack away, too!

Ville Oksanen
Researcher, Helsinki University of Technology
OSSI-project - www.coss.fi/ossi/