Re: A new practical problem with invariant sections?

"Craig Sanders" <cas@taz.net.au> wrote in message [🔎] 20060213221756.GZ9046@taz.net.au">news:[🔎] 20060213221756.GZ9046@taz.net.au...
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:01:24AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> why are you obsessing with a convenience issue and pretending that
> it has ANY BEARING AT ALL on freedom issues?  it doesn't.

        Err, because I do not see this as a matter of mere
 convenience. If I spend a significant time on the road with my
 device, and I need the manual when I am away from my laptop, this is
 not just a geek "hah hah. look at what I got on my phone" thing.

you're still talking about convenience, not freedom.

I'm not one for entering flamewars, but I must ask what is freedom if not convience?

Why require source code if a program can be edited with a dissasembler or even just a hex editor, if not convience?

Why require the ability to modify except convience of not having to harrass the proprietary developer
into making your desired changes?

The whole reason behind freedom is convience. If you don't under stand that talk to RMS, or even ESR.