Re: Affero General Public License

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:03:52PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> One way would be to supply a compactflash card slot that will burn the
> sources to a 1GB compactflash card. That seems a lot less outrageous
> today than it did three years ago, to my mind.

Actually, our arcade machines are somewhat unique, in that they have an
exposed USB slot, designed for players to plug in pen drives.  However,
it's still not reasonable to be storing source over it.  If we do the
"logical conclusion", extreme case thing, we can have tens or hundreds
of megs of source to store.  These things are USB1.1; we can only send
data at about 400-800k/sec.

But that's a special case; more generally, I don't see any way at all
of satisfying this for the "voicemail", "toll booth", etc. cases.
(Though the thought of someone corking up a toll booth lane on a busy
interstate to plug in a USB pen drive and download its source is
somewhat amusing ...)

--
Glenn Maynard