Re: GR proposal: GFDL with no Invariant Sections is free

On 03/02/06, olive <olive.lin@versateladsl.be> wrote:

> > You do realize that even the FSF does not think that the GFDL is a
> > free license?  They just don't think that freedom is as important for
> > documentation as in software.
>
> That is totally untrue; see for example: http://www.gnu.org/doc/doc.html

Did you more than glance at the page you linked to? That article
totally supports Walter's point. Not only are the freedoms to change
and to redistribute changes excluded from the page you linked to, the
page also refers to the essay "Free Software and Free Manuals", in
which RMS explains why freedom is not as important for documentation.

Actually I think I see a pattern here. Mistaking the OSI for an
organisation that has the purpose of promoting free software might
also be the result of cursory reading.