Re: GR proposal: GFDL with no Invariant Sections is free

Jeremy Hankins wrote:
olive <olive.lin@versateladsl.be> writes:

Let's conclude we do not agree. I respect your opinion but I invite
you to respect mine.

Note that this is exactly the opposite of what I've taken to be your
central thesis: that having multiple points of view damages the free
software community.  I've already explained why I disagree with this, so
I wont do so again.  But you might be interested in looking back through
the archives for discussions with and about OSI and the OSD.  I think
those discussions covered much of the same ground.

When I say that I respect the opinion of someone else; it does not mean that I agree with it. I was just upset to read from the previous post (which was not yours) that "everyone with a straight face" must disagree with me (about the freeness of the GFDL); while the opinion I defend is just the opinion of the FSF, the creator of the word "free software". This is more insulting than argumenting. I still think it will be much better for the free software community to have a common definition but as I believe in free speech I admit that some people might not agree.

Olive