Re: Adobe open source license -- is this licence free?

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 09:32:12PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On 1/28/06, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> > Harrassing lawsuits are the extreme case.  It's a similar problem with,
> > for example, honest but incorrect claims.  I don't see why the licensor
> > should get to override the venue in *any* case where he's the one
> > instigating the lawsuit.
>
> So what "honest but incorrect claims" does this license allow
> that could be problematic?  In the sense of alleging specifc
> misbehavior.

I meant: not only does this give the advantage to the accuser in the
case of deliberate, hostile legal action, but also in the case of
reasonable legal action where the accused licensee wasn't actually
at fault.

> I'm just not seeing it.

I'm just not seeing the defensibility of "any lawsuits we instigate
will be tried on our home turf", regardless of motives or the eventual
outcome.

--
Glenn Maynard