Re: Creative Commons "negotiations"

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

<quote who="Frank Küster" date="Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 08:50:04PM +0100">
Thank you for the report; it sounds promising, but on the other hand it
sounds as if talking upstream authors[1] into relicensing their
documentation with a CC license will not be an option for etch.

That depends on when 3.0 goes out CC's door. Personally, I'd hoped to
see them already and still hope to see them very soon. Then again, we
can't dictate their release schedule any more than they can dictate
ours.
You have to admit that our working group took the process at a leisurely pace. Hell, it took about 6 months before we even had a group together ready to talk.

I don't think we have much grounds to criticize CC for taking it slow; if there's been any slowdown in this process, it's been on our side.

~Evan