Re: Creative Commons "negotiations"

Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't have an idea of when the 3.0 license draft will be available,
> what other changes there may be, or pretty much where things go from
> here. But I do know that CC seems to take DFSG-compatibility seriously
> and that they're going to be open to our input.

Thank you for the report; it sounds promising, but on the other hand it
sounds as if talking upstream authors[1] into relicensing their
documentation with a CC license will not be an option for etch.

Regards, Frank

[1] Of GFDL-or-other licensed documentation where "use the same as for
the program" is not applicable
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)