Re: Adobe open source license -- is this licence free?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:08:34AM +0400, olive wrote:
> >If it's not legal, or not enforcable, that doesn't make it any less non-
> >Free.  If it's really known to be unenforcable, then the copyright
> >holder should be willing to remove it from the license, and prevent the
> >confusion (and misleading claims).
>
> The other argument is that even without this choice of venue; Adobe
> could sue you in a Californian tribunal (am I wrong?, what could prevent
> Adobe acting in this way); so I do not see what are more inconvinient
> with this choice of venue.

There are laws in place for determining the *appropriate* venue.  If
California really is the appropriate venue for the suit, as determined
by the law, then that's fine.  If the appropriate venue is Massachusetts,
or somewhere else, then that's where it should be.  Choice of venue
attempts to override this mechanism, to always favor the copyright holder.

--
Glenn Maynard