Re: Adobe open source license -- is this licence free?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:23:03AM +0400, olive wrote:
> >In a nutshell, this choice of venue discriminates against people who
> >live far away from Santa Clara County, California, USA and thus fail
> >DFSG#5. Those people can be forced to travel around the planet in order
> >to defend themselves in a dispute raised by the copyright holder.
>
> I am not at all convinced. First, I wonder if this choice of venue is
> legal.

If it's not legal, or not enforcable, that doesn't make it any less non-
Free.  If it's really known to be unenforcable, then the copyright
holder should be willing to remove it from the license, and prevent the
confusion (and misleading claims).

Personally--speaking for my own particular case--I don't care about
flying around the world; flying from Massachusetts to California is
quite too far.

--
Glenn Maynard