Re: Moglen's "all good faith"

On 1/20/06, Måns Rullgård <mru@inprovide.com> wrote:
> Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 1/20/06, Måns Rullgård <mru@inprovide.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Perhaps this:
> >>
> >>  Also note that the only valid version of the GPL as far as the kernel
> >>  is concerned is _this_ particular version of the license (ie v2, not
> >>  v2.2 or v3.x or whatever), unless explicitly otherwise stated.
> >
> > And how does that make it "impure" GPL? Permission to relicense
> > under revised later versions is not part of the GPL license terms.
>
> Are we talking about what makes sense, or about what Mr Moglen says?

I'm talking about lies ("in all good faith")

http://sco.tuxrocks.com/Docs/Wallace_v_FSF/Wallace_v_FSF-17.pdf

"The GNU/Linux operating system is probably the best known example
 of a computer program that has been developed using the free software
 model, and is licensed pursuant to the GPL."

either to a judge in Indiana or to the press. Or maybe both.

regards,
alexander.