Re: Clause 7d

Scripsit Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

> So here it is:
> "7d. They may require that propagation of a covered work which causes it to
> have users other than You, must enable all users of the work to make and
> receive copies of the work."

This is, of course, infinitely better from a our point of view.

However, IIUC the underlying rationale for 7d is to allow
compatibility with things like the Affero license, which puts
restriction even on things that do not fall under the GPLv3 draft's
concept of "propagation". Therefore your proposed replacement would
not do the job.

> (3) making the program available for users over the Internet (or on a local
> server) -- if and only if that requires a copyright license, which it
> probably does -- requires that you provide access to the source code
> to those users, according to the usual GPL v3 clauses regarding
> distributing copies.

Why would that require a copyright license?

--
Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra