Re: Moglen's "all good faith"

On 1/20/06, Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> 3. FSF's ownership  of parts  of the  kernel means FSF  is one  of the
>    copyright holders in the collective work called the linux kernel.

You apparently don't know what the copyright in a collective work
is and most likely you were mislead by something said by Moglen
(and/or RMS and/or GPL) just like his other mobs. Copyright in a
collective work is separate from copyrights in its constituent
parts because were it not, it would turn collective works into
derivative works which are different beasts under copyright law
notwithstanding misstated definition of derivative work in the GPL.

> BTW, if  you have  problems with statements  made by Eben  Moglen, you
> might be better  off clarifying things with him  direct rather than on
> this list.

My dossier is rapidly growing. Next time you see Moglen tell him
that in the current tempo (driven by the GPLv3) my dossier on his
unprofessional conduct (hopefully leading to the disbarment or
other disciplinary action) is going to reach the critical mass
pretty soon. So he might want to slowdown a bit.

regards,
alexander.