Re: Distributing GPL software.

That's OK, I'll reply to debian-legal@lists.debian.org.

> but yopu have just demonstrated
> that not only do you not know squat about copyright law, but also that
> you don't know anything about private international law either. The
> GPL

"GPL version 2 was constructed only with attention to the details of US law"

  -- (c)Free Software Foundation, Inc., 2005.

> is most closely connected to nowhere, it all depends on where the
> parties are, etc.

Yeah. Let's see. How many parties (and from where) do we have in,
say, linux?

> You do know that the FSF is not the only person to
> license under the GPL, right?

That's right (except that the FSF is not a person). But you're dead wrong.

regards,
alexander.