GFDL Statistics

I'm hoping someone will take a breath to clarify a concern I have about the GFDL, a question to which I have not been able to find a specific answer elsewhere:

If someone collects a set of numerical statistics of a GFDL document, must that set of statistics *also* be under the GFDL? In other words -- would the statistics be "raw data" and not under the GFDL, or would they be something like a "derived work"?

If you'd like the more context: The issue arises from word occurrence counting for an automatic translation system. (The word "Debian"appears X times in the entire "/usr/share/doc" hierarchy of unstable, blah blah.)

    Thank you in advance,
    Chuck

Yahoo! Personals