Re: Clarification regarding PHP License and DFSG status

> > The one big thing that everyone in this thread has missed is that we are
> > trying to establish the utility of this licence to software explicitely
> > distributed by the PHP Group at php.net in Pear or Pecl.
>
> Is all that software also written/copyrighted by the PHP Group?

It is only distributed by them.

> Also, what happens if someone wants to take a package and
> distribute it, individually, to someone else? He needs a license
> for that. And if that license says:

> then he's forced to lie if he just distributes the one package.

That is not true. Read carefully the change in wording that they
introduced: "This product includes PHP software, freely available from
<http://www.php.net/software/>," which would be absolutely true, even in
the distribution of a single package.

Charles

--