Re: generated source files, GPL and DFSG

On 7/22/05, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> In other words, we'll take something as source that we know isn't,
> because we like nVidia.  ...

Hey, I didn't say I liked the idea myself.  I'm just calling it like I
see it.  I would say that the core functionality of the nv driver is
not maintainable or improvable by anyone outside nVidia, but at least
it can be recompiled to pick up changes in X.org data structure layout
or whatever and there is some chance of point fixing it.  It's not
entirely my idea of source code -- but then neither are the Emacs
internals.

Cheers,
- Michael