Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

Adam McKenna wrote:

According to you. If, for the sake of argument, we assume that such binaries are undistributable, Debian is still not affected, since we aren't contributing to their distribution, only their creation.

... and even if by some stretch of the imagination we are contributing to their distribution, and the GPL exception doesn't apply, then there is still the substantial non-infringing use (both local use, and distribution under that exception) argument so Debian isn't liable.