Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

On 5/19/05, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> You have made a direct comparison between Debian making it easy for a user
> to build an OpenSSL-linked Quagga, and Napster's *flagrant* facilitation of
> copyright infringement.

Yes.  Note that there was a senator who thought that the laws which had
passed should have made Napster immune to prosecution.  So your
use of "flagrant" in quotes seems appropriate.

> You seem to be the only one who thinks that Debian is doing something
> illegal.

I'm probably the only one (at least among those posting) who is thinking
of distribution as a legal issue rather than a technical issue.

I will point out, however, that if no one prosecutes us, we don't have
to worry about the legality of this issue.

--
Raul