Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 02:11:56PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> I'm not saying that Debian is Napster.

You have made a direct comparison between Debian making it easy for a user
to build an OpenSSL-linked Quagga, and Napster's *flagrant* facilitation of
copyright infringement.

> I'm saying that we both have to follow the same kinds of laws.
>
> If Debian is not doing anything illegal, then of course Debian
> is not going to run afoul of these laws.  But the assumption
> that we're not doing anything illegal can't be used to prove
> that we're not doing anything illegal.

You seem to be the only one who thinks that Debian is doing something
illegal.

--Adam