Re: Need advice for dual licensing

[NB: Please follow Debian list policy and do not Cc: people unless
they explicitly request a Cc. The canonical method of requesting a Cc:
is to set a Mail-Followup-To: header that includes your addres. Also,
you'll have much better luck if you refrain from top posting.]

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Svante Signell wrote:
> I just wanted to know if dual licensing is possible.

It is possible, but when we talk about dual licensing we typically
mean that two licenses are applied to a work, and the user can (at the
user's option) pick a specific license to use the work under.

What you seemed to be asking for was two licenses for different
(disjoint) sets of users, which isn't going to be DFSG Free unless
both licenses are DFSG Free. [And possibly not even then... we'd have
to look at it very closely.]

Don Armstrong

--
I'd sign up in a hot second for any cellular company whose motto was:
"We're less horrible than a root canal with a cold chisel."