Re: AROS License DFSG ok?

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> However, 8.2b terminates rights when you sue a Participant alleging that
> *anything* infringes any patent.
>
> As far as I know, *nobody* thinks that is OK.  For instance, it could be over
> Participant's use of your patent for extracting aluminum from ore.

It terminates a right we don't require in the first place. If the patent
is actively enforced, we potentially have problems - if it isn't, why is
it more of a problem than a license which didn't grant those permissions
in the first place?

> So the license is definitely not DFSG-free.

This statement disagrees with several voiced opinions in the discussion
on -project.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org