Re: AROS License DFSG ok?

Michael Poole wrote:
>Some people believe that this kind of termination clause violates the
>DFSG.
Clause 8.2a terminates rights to the Contributor Version if you allege in a
lawsuit that the Contributor Version violates a patent.  Most of us think
this is OK...  (If that's all it does, of course.)

However, 8.2b terminates rights when you sue a Participant alleging that
*anything* infringes any patent.

As far as I know, *nobody* thinks that is OK.  For instance, it could be over
Participant's use of your patent for extracting aluminum from ore.

So the license is definitely not DFSG-free.

The clauses in 3.4 may also be problematic, but I haven't looked at the
license too closely.

6.2 is an undesirable clause, though not DFSG-free.