Re: sugarcrm licence issue

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 07:01:27PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > The ultimate decision over whether a license is free or not rests with
> > the FTP masters. They can be overruled by a general resolution. The
> > presence of code under the MPL in the main section of the archive
> > suggests (but does not confirm) that the people who actually make the
> > decision believe it to conform to the DFSG.

My impression in this case is: the MPL is non-free, the software people
actually care about that's under that license is Mozilla, and it's in a
state of "it's being fixed, wait and see", so the people willing to expend
effort to get the MPL removed are waiting.  (It's easier to just wait for
Mozilla to be fixed, than to spend time responding to "but what about
Mozilla?" responses.)  It seems to take a lot of squeaky-wheeling to get
a non-free license treated as such these days, and that takes a lot of
energy.

In any event, I think this license's "additions" are extremely non-free
in and of themselves, regardless of the MPL.

--
Glenn Maynard