Re: sugarcrm licence issue

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 03:13:31PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Fathi Boudra <fboudra@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > "The SugarCRM Public License Version ("SPL") consists of the Mozilla Public
> > License Version 1.1, modified to be specific to SugarCRM, with the Additional
> > Terms in Exhibit B. The original Mozilla Public License 1.1 can be found at:
> > http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.html";
> >
> > if some debian-legal gurus could take a look at the licence and tell me if i
> > could make the ITP without any problems regarding the licence issue.
>
> Various people believe the MPL to be non-free, but there's code under it
> in the main archive at the moment so it's unlikely that an upload would
> be rejected for that reason. Exhibit B basically says "You can't call it

The code under it in the main archive is there under the claim that it's
currently in the process of being dual-licensed under the GPL, so it should
be very likely.

(We probably agree that such a relicensing is taking far too long for a "DFSG-
fixing grace period", even for Mozilla.)

--
Glenn Maynard