Re: sugarcrm licence issue

Fathi Boudra <fboudra@free.fr> wrote:

> "The SugarCRM Public License Version ("SPL") consists of the Mozilla Public
> License Version 1.1, modified to be specific to SugarCRM, with the Additional
> Terms in Exhibit B. The original Mozilla Public License 1.1 can be found at:
> http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.html";
>
> if some debian-legal gurus could take a look at the licence and tell me if i
> could make the ITP without any problems regarding the licence issue.

Various people believe the MPL to be non-free, but there's code under it
in the main archive at the moment so it's unlikely that an upload would
be rejected for that reason. Exhibit B basically says "You can't call it
sugarcrm", so you'd have to rename it if producing a package. There's
also a requirement that you include a logo and copyright notice on all
output. This is similar in some ways to 2(c) of the GPL - it's a
restriction on modification, but I'm not sure if it would be considered
an excessively onerous one.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org