iLBC licencing issues (was: Fwd: kiax_0.8.4-3_i386.changes REJECTED)

On Sunday 02 October 2005 20:26, George Danchev wrote:
[...]
> 1) lib/iLBC - lisenced under Global IP Sound iLBC Public License, v2.0 -
> IETF Version which is non-free [2] - will be tricky, but doable I think.
[...]
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/10/msg00002.html

All,

I have had a bit of a scout around and it appears that asterisk, openh323,
kphone and others also distribute the iLBC source code.

Interestingly openh323 originally thought iLBC was incompatible with the MPL,
but after discussion with upstream they concur it is compatible with the MPL
and have shipped it since.

http://www.openh323.org/pipermail/openh323/2003-May/061142.html

Interestingly kphone was bounced by savannah for similar issues:
http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4303

Mark