Re: Rules for submitting licenses for review

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 12:09 pm, Dave Hornford wrote:

> >>I think this is a dubious claim
>
> I think is speaks more to a light understanding of how Linux is licenced
> and the OGL structured than anything else. If your understanding of free
> is focused on whether or not there is a requirement for a cash
> transaction then the stated belief makes sense. In my experience, when
> free/open licencing is considered outside our community that is the
> depth of understanding at the table.

Gotta agree here.  The Legal team at Wizards were a nice bunch and knew quite
a bit... but advanced copyrights and how people are using them in things like
FOSS was certainly not one of them.  I really think they were under the
impression that since WoTC didn't get any money and people were free to share
things with others that it was "linux-like".

-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
3rd Year - University of Washington School of Law

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown