Re: LGPL module linked with a GPL lib

On 7/30/05, Francesco Poli <frx@winstonsmith.info> wrote:
> Well, let's say "Almost All Rights Reserved".
> Anyway, it's still really far away from a DFSG-free document: that's
> basically what I meant...

Oddly enough, there is some useful knowledge out there that is not
currently available in a DFSG-free document.  :-)  If I get to the
point of being confident that it is a wise thing to do, I may
"publish" some of this analysis in a more convenient form than you
already have it (almost all of it is in one message or another in the
debian-legal archives), and that "publication" may come with somewhat
more liberal explicit terms about piecewise re-use (few, if any, of my
d-l posts come with any more permissions than may be intrinsic to
their having been posted to a publicly archived list).  I doubt I
shall ever attach a DFSG-free license to this work in monograph form;
it's not a computer program or the documentation for a computer
program, and it's not really something people should be making "bug
fixes" to and re-publishing without a quite strong presumption that
they take all of the risk for having changed its meaning or made it
look as if the author offered it as authoritative.

Cheers,
- Michael