Re: LGPL module linked with a GPL lib

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:06:58 -0700 Michael K. Edwards wrote:

> On 7/28/05, Francesco Poli <frx@winstonsmith.info> wrote:
> > What do you mean "freely available"?
> > Should I request a copy, which license would you send it under?
>
> None whatsoever.  :-)  Just like sending you a paper copy in the mail,
> with no obligation of confidentiality as such; the copy is yours, feel
> free to read it, use ideas and facts from it, quote from it under
> "fair use" standards, or do anything else you're permitted to by
> statute and convention.  Feel free also to use your statutory right to
> pass it to another person (not retaining a copy), or request
> permission (which I will actually be happy to give you in advance) to
> make a few copies for friends, business associates, whatever.  But
> don't represent it as your own work, don't "publish" it in a way that
> would obstruct its publication in a journal (more or less, a way that
> would have affected its copyright status under pre-1976 law), and
> don't claim that I authorized you to represent me for any commercial
> purpose or to quote me as an authority in any legal sense.

In other words, "All Rights Reserved"...  :-(

P.S.: please do not reply to me directly, while Cc:ing the list, as I
didn't ask you to do so... since I'm a debian-legal subscriber, I'd
rather not receive messages twice! thanks

--
    :-(   This Universe is buggy! Where's the Creator's BTS?   ;-)
  Francesco Poli                             GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4