Re: GPL & Possible Derivative Work

Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
Usually the advice is to write your own code based on descriptive
information about the protocol, without looking at the original
implementation. In other words, use the RFC, not the code.
This avoids accusations about nonliteral copying.

Too bad it's a closed source protocol. But I will give reverse engineering it a try it might be interesting. It's a tiny protocol I might just be able to figure it out. There might even be some unofficial docs on the web somewhere.

Thanks for the tips,