Re: LPPL and source-less distribution

"Michael K. Edwards" <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/14/05, Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
>> * Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> [050613 21:21]:
>> > C'mon, Raul.  The "crack-smoking GPL" refers to an interpretation
>> > ("non-contract license", "functional use results in a derivative
>> > work") that I and others have demonstrated to have no basis in law
>> > [...]
>>
>> You have expressed this your opinion multiple times. I think your
>> increasing use of words like words and phrases like "crack-smoking",
>> "deceitful" etc make a good point about how 'convincing' your
>> demonstrations were.
>
> Increasing?  Not particularly.  If it really bothers you, I'm happy to
> drop "crack-smoking", and say I am "pro-GPL-as-an-instrument-of law".
> But with respect to "deceit":  Eben Moglen has engaged for years in
> deceit about the nature of copyright law and licenses.  I see no
> reason not to call it by its name.

Leviticus 24:16: And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he
shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly
stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when
he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

I think stoning has been replaced by flaming nowadays.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com