Re: LPPL and source-less distribution

On 6/13/05, Raul Miller <moth.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the record, I am not at all comfortable with your characterization
> of opinions different from your own as "crack-smoking".

C'mon, Raul.  The "crack-smoking GPL" refers to an interpretation
("non-contract license", "functional use results in a derivative
work") that I and others have demonstrated to have no basis in law and
to be a deliberate attempt to subvert the legal regime surrounding
software copyright.  As such, it's intended as a bit of humorous
hyperbole to lighten the atmosphere surrounding a quite serious topic.
 I hardly refer to general differences of opinion as "crack-smoking".

I thought I'd done rather well in responding politely to a polite
inquiry as to whether I might be a Tentacle of Evil.  I think of
myself as representing forthright radicalism within the system, and if
you think about it you'll realize why the FSF's deceitful (and, in my
opinion, rather amateurish) misrepresentations of the law annoy me so
much.  It wouldn't be the first time that a much-needed reform got put
off for an extra century because the people carrying the banner of
reform behaved in a manner repugnant to those who understood that the
existing system, while flawed, was better than anarchy.

Cheers,
- Michael