Re: Is this license DFSG free?

Sean Kellogg wrote:

> Well now, this strikes me as a problem....  from a political science
> perspective (my undergrad degree).  Debian-legal, a self-appointed group of
> various legal, political, an philosophical stripes, is making substantive
> policy decisions based on thin air?

No. Debian-legal does not make policy decisions. Debian-legal advises
the ftp-masters, who make the actual policy decisions (and, it does seem
that they generally agree with our advice).

The ftp-masters are appointees of the elected project leader.

[And, FYI, if you check the mailing list's archives, you'll find that
the currenty project leader helped in drafting some of those tests. So,
I suppose, we could probably ask him to give those tests the project's
official blessing. However, there does not seem to be any need to do so.]