Re: Which license for a dictionary or GFDL with clause == free?

In message <[🔎] 20050331200625.GA93279@stack.nl>, Arnoud Engelfriet <galactus@stack.nl> writes
Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
Although in the UK we do have "database rights", where the effort put
into compiling the list is considered a "protectable interest". This
would protect a word list from literal copying. So a requirement that
any modifications are distributed for free along with the original would
probably be enforceable under UK law, just not under copyright.

The creator of the database probably is a US citizen, so he doesn't
qualify for database protection. Only EU citizens can claim
this right. Non-EU citizens can only claim it if their national law
provides for similar protection.

"probably a US citizen" and we're talking about a Romanian dictionary?

And it sounds like it's a definition dictionary, not a translation dictionary, too :-)

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.