Re: lirc license

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 01:38:25PM +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
[...]
> However, when starting irrecord, it says:
> IMPORTANT: The license of the config files created by this program requires
> that you send them to the author. If you don't like this license exit this
> program now by pressing Ctrl-C! Otherwise press RETURN.
> End quote.

[...]

I was under the impression that the output of a program wasn't covered by the
licence of the program (or any licence dictated by the author of the program).
Wouldn't that be similar to the output of GCC being automatically covered by the
GPL, or am I misunderstanding something (I wouldn't be surprised if I was).

Also, although it says "The licence says this", surely that's irrelevant without
an actual licence that actually says that?

 -Ben

--
Termisoc Secretary: http://www.termisoc.org/
Home Page: http://benalee.co.uk/