Re: lirc license

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 01:38:25PM +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> However, when starting irrecord, it says:
> IMPORTANT: The license of the config files created by this program requires
> that you send them to the author. If you don't like this license exit this
> program now by pressing Ctrl-C! Otherwise press RETURN.
> End quote.

This is not a license. This is fairly meaningless gibbering. I cannot
imagine any way in which it could possibly be accurate; copyright law
cannot do that. So we can ignore it as the ravings of a
lunatic. Where's the real license? Is it just the GPL?

[Your investigations into whether the material is copyrightable are
probably unnecessary at this point]

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |