Re: License questions

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> http://www.scannedinavian.org/~pesco/
> When asked about licensing, the author replied that he doesn't like
> licenses and refused to create one.  But:

The author is well-meaning, but I think current law says his work is
copyright and all rights reserved unless he does something about it.
In the worst case, I doubt comments on IRC from someone claimed to be
the author are much protection against accusations. There's not even
the chance of email-quality audit trail (not that that's reliable either).

Get him to put your IRC log in a LICENSE file in the tarball. That should
be enough for most people, if you're comfortable with it.