Re: License of Open Solaris CDDL

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

>> I am not going to package any software under that license. I just
>> want to know, if installing, running and using software under such
>> license is ethically right thing to do.

> If it's not about debian, it's probably off-topic for debian-legal.
> I'll stop here and suggest you discuss user ethics on gnu.misc.discuss
> or similar.

It may sound off-topic first, but think about these future scenarios:

- What if there are some useful user-land tools in Sun Solaris? Maybe
  somebody wants to port it to Linux and then somebody wants to package
  them for Debian.

- What if somebody creates this Debian-port?: Debian GNU/Solaris .

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"sinun kauneutesi kaataa valtakuntia. minun pimeyteni raiskaa runoutta." CMX